POETRY FILM MAKERS WANTED!
INTERNATIONAL PRIZE COMPETITION
FIRST PRIZE £500
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 31 DEC
You’re invited to enter our exciting new film competition based on the poems in our award-winning collections!
The competition asks filmmaker entrants to select a poem from a Pighog poetry pamphlet or full collection and create a video around the poem. The winner and shortlisted entrants of this international competition will be featured and celebrated as part of the growing Pighog poetry and film community. We are looking forward to seeing your creative responses to this project and the filmic gems you produce!
What is the competition?
You must pick a poem from a Pighog poetry publication and create a 90 second film based around it. This could mean anything from an animation to a live action film. The competition will run from the 24th July to the 31st December 2013. The winner of the main competition, as decided by our judges, will win the £500 prize as well as a feature on the Pighog website alongside their winning film. The second part of the competition is the ‘Pighog People's Choice Competition’ in which the judges will pick five outstanding films to be voted on by the public. The top voted film will receive a £100 prize and will be featured on the website alongside the overall competition winner.
Who can enter?
The competition is open to anybody around the world, however you must be 18 or over to submit a film. You will be the sole beneficiary of the prize and will be contacted directly throughout the competition. To enter, you must have a valid debit card or paypal with which to pay your entry fee or receive your prize money.
How To Enter?
Once your entry has been filmed and rendered into an acceptable format (as shown in the competition's terms and conditions), you will need to send it to us through Submittable. This enters you for both the main prize as well as the People's Choice Competition. Along with your online submission you will need to send your entry fee. There are two categories for submission fees:
1. If you have purchased a Pighog poetry publication online since January 1st 2012, you will only have to pay a single £5 entry fee for a chance to win.
2. If you have not purchased a Pighog poetry publication online since January 1st 2012, you will need to pay a £10 entry fee to submit your film for your chance to win the full prize.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) The video must not exceed 90 seconds overall including the 5 seconds credit at the end of the video. Any submissions over 90 seconds will not be accepted. Not even a second!
2) Videos will only be accepted in the following formats:
- H.264 with AAC or uncompressed audio (we strongly recommend this format)
- Mpeg (1, 2 or 4)
3) Each submission must include opening titles including the title of the poem, the collection it is published in and the name of the poet.
4) Each video must end with a credit to Pighog and the Pighog logo. This can be downloaded here. Once submitted, the video will have a shared copyright between Pighog, the filmmaker and the poet themselves. The poem remains the copyright of the poet.
5) Pighog retains all distribution rights.
6) No submission may contain or exploit any copyrighted material other than the poem itself. Any video found to contain copyrighted material will be disqualified from the competition.
7) Each entrant may only submit once.
8) The poem must be heard or seen in its entirety within the video. This could be done using voice, graphics or animation and can be either diegetic or non-diegetic.
9) The Pighog logo in the credits must not be altered or warped in any way and must feature on the screen for the full 5 second credit.
10) All entry fees are non-refundable.
11) No entries will be returned so please keep a copy of your film.
12) If in the unlikely event that in the judges’ opinion no film is of a high enough standard, a prize will not be awarded and the prize fund will be rolled over to the next Pighog Poetry Film Competition.
13) The competition organisers reserve the right to alter these rules at any time.
14) Entry indicates an acceptance of these rules. Entries failing to meet all of these rules will be disqualified.
15) Entries without the required payment in full will be disqualified.
16) The Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition.
17) By sending your entry fee and film to Pighog, you agree to fully comply with the terms and conditions of the competition. If an entry does not comply with the rules, Pighog reserves their right to remove the film from the competition without warning and thus disqualify the entrant from the competition.
If you have any queries about the competition please contact poetryfilm at pighog.co.uk in usual email address format.